Hi there,
I just finished watching a movie "Marley & Me" on Star Movie. I didn't mean to watch it actually, but nothing else to do. I thought it's just a funny movie about human and a dog with bad behavior, but I felt something more than that when it ended. It's about being bonded or connected.
Not only a dog (and me) that can be man's best friend,in my opinion a bird can also be if he is a smant one. This movie reminds me of a bird, the smartest one I have ever met. I am not sure whether it's appropriated or allowed to call him "my bird" so I'd better call him "Buddy".
4 years ago, my ex decided to have an Afrigan Grey, a bird with the largest brain, as a pet so we went to the market and found an ugly baby bird. Yes he was Buddy. He must be about couple days old so he had no feather at all. That was how Buddy and I met for the first time.
I have to say that seeing Buddy for 4 years made me bonded with him although I couldn't classify him as my pet because he lives with my ex, not me. However, I have seen him more often than I have seen my ex. Why? Becasue I had to look after him almost every time my ex was away. The more he is grown up, the smarter he is and the more I love him.
He said to me "Hello Khun Maid" every time I turned the tap on to wash dishes. Maybe to him, only maid does dish washing job.
When I was watching TV, he would ask "come up up?" so I let him up on my shoulder and both of us watched TV together. When I laughed at program on TV, he also laughed with me. Sometimes he wanted to be on my shoulder when I was working as well.
When I talked to him, he would say "uh huh, uh huh" or sometimes "wha Voice?"so it made me feel like I was talking to my friend who understood what I said.
In the morning while I was cleaning his cage, he would keep looking at me like he had to inspect my cleaning work. When I got dress and was about to leave apartment, he would say "Bye Bye", but if I was about to leave with my running gear on, he would say "See you later" How a bird can know I would be out long time or short time and pick the right statement to say. Just by my dress? That's amazing!
I remember one day he flew from his cage and hit the wall, he said "ouchh!". I killed myself laughing when I heard that.
Now you understand why I think that he is the smartest bird in the world (or I should say "in my world")
He is a good bird although sometimes he calls himself "Bad bird, bad bird". By the way, he has made me cried 3 times. The first time was when I let him be on my shoulder and he bit my chest. Ouchh that was hurt. The second time I packed all of my stuff from my ex apartment and had to say good bye to him and told him that I would not see him anymore. The last one was tonight after I saw Marley in the movie and I felt I missed him.
Yes, I miss him now. I am sure he is smart still and enjoys new face there. He is a lovely bird so anyone can fall in love with him easily.
You are my charming bird, Buddy. and Happy birth month!!
Take care,
me
Saturday, March 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment