Hi,
I stay up till late at night again although I told myself I would go to bed early tonight because I felt tired from running. A HBO movie about Winston Churchill kept me awake. The scene that touched me was not political scenes, but about him and his wife. I am not sure what presented in the film is true or added, but it tells me that for long lasting relationship you need more than sexual feeling or desire, but friendship.
Today, I was in the seminar about the National Health Act. In this act, it talks about being either physically, mentally, intellectually or socially healthy. These 2 words hit me "intellectual" and "physical"
I assess myself whether I am healthy by those 4 categoies mentioned in the act, especially "intellectual" and "physical". And if I use these 2 categories to define "charm", which one do I have?
Ummm...I think my charm is more intellectual than physical one. I am not meaning that I am so smart, but just want to say that I am not a sport type of person. I love to analyse why and how thing happened (caused by too much watching of CSI perhaps). I love to wisely discuss about various topics with friends. Smart thinking type of person always attracts me. Is anyone attracted to me by my intellectual charm? I think my ex was. He told me he enjoyed hearing my wise thought and I am sure he still does. But priority of charm that meaningful to him is just changed.
My ex is a sport man and has been so into marathon since last year. I am not wondered if he will value physical ability more than intellectual one. Whoever has physical ability could be very charming to him. Unfortunately, not me. Maybe that is why he was impressed by a girl he met early last year who is a marathon runner and eventually becomes his girlfriend. I am not sure whether she has both physical and intellectual charm but she gets him. (This is just normal me analysing about my ended relationship for nothing, but my own curiousity. It can be right or wrong. Only my ex knows.)
Now you may ask, "Is that why you start running? Do you want to have physical charm?" Wrong. I initially decided to run so that my ex and I, at that time, would have one more thing in common apart from work. I don't want to be a marathon runner to compete with his girl because I know I will never win. Actually, I started to run to prove that I can do anything if I want to or if I believe I can do. Being healthier is another reason.
Bedtime now, nite nite
Me
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment