Hi there,
Have you ever questioned what love is? I am sure eveyone has, at least once in his/her life. In my opinion, meaning of love is different for each individual depend on type and background of person, time, gender, situation and age. There are many types of love. Love for your lover, love for your friends, love for your parent, love for your children etc.
Let's talk about love between man and woman.
When I was a lot younger, my definition of love is "a good feeling to someone and just being happy to have a chance to see him everyday without conversation". When I am grown up, loving someone is to have strong feeling to him, a guy who I enjoy talking with, sharing my opinion and has something I am proud of. Strong feeling means he is someone I always think of and want to share every successful or failed moment with. He is someone I will be happier to be with than to be without. His face is the last thing I love to see before I fall asleep and be the first thing I enjoy to see in the morning when I wake up. However, it is not easy if you want to define what love really is.
I love my man although I can't explain why. I just feel so. He is my best friend. He is my advisor. He is my older brother and sometimes behaves like my younger brother. He makes me mad. He makes me sad. He makes me happy. He makes me smile. He makes me laugh out loud. Nobody can handle me the way he does. That's why I could lose him as a boyfriend, but can't lose my best friend. If I can't love him the way I want, I will love him the way he wants.
Friendship = relationship - sex
Let's see how other see or think of love.
"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." Lao Tzu
"But whether it be dream or truth, to do well is what matters. If it be truth, for truth's sake. If not, then to gain friends for the time when we awaken." Pedro Calderon de la Barca
"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love." Albert Einstein
"I like not only to be loved, but to be told I am loved." George Eliot
"Immature love says: 'I love you because I need you.' Mature love says 'I need you because I love you.' Erich Fromm
"Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit." Kahlil Gibran
"Love is being stupid together." Paul Valery
"Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies." Aristotle
"Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs." William Shakespeare
"Love is like war: easy to begin but very hard to stop." H.L.Mencken
"Love is the delusion that one woman differs from another." H.L.Mencken
"Love is the word used to label the sexual excitement of the young, the habituation of the middle-aged, and the mutual dependence of the old." John Ciardi
"Sometimes it's a form of love just to talk to somebody that you have nothing in common with and still be fascinated by their presence." David Byrne
"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." H.Jackson Brown, Jr.
"Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all." Alfred Lord Tennyson
"True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen." Francois de La Rochefoucauld
"We waste time looking for the perfect lover, instead of creating the perfect love." Tom Robbins
"Don't waste your time to define "love", but to love." Voice from a Thai woman
xx
Me
Monday, January 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment