Hi there,
Have you noticed that it is harder to have privacy in present than in the past? I think we have lost of it. I can show you some invidences. However, what I am saying may only happened here in the "Land of Smiles".
1st Evidence: Sky train
If I was on sky train (BTS) and can't find at least one person on the phone, I would think it is an judgement day. You will see lot of people talking on the phone. It is ok if they talk quitely, but they don't. I can't believe that someone can talk out loud about their love story or their idoit boss in public. Sometimes I think I should say to him/her that , "Can I say something? I think you should dump your man. He is such a wanker". Sometimes I want to pick up my phone, call my friend and speak louder than that person, "You won't believe this! I am on BTS and today BTS has a live soap opera show on board. I am not lying to you. The actress is just next to me and she performs well".
2nd Evidence: Toilet
Can you imagine that someone will be on the phone when she is in the toilet peeing/pooing? Unbeliveable! This is rude and disgusting. People may not care whether how the other end feel when flushing sound is heard. What's about next door who is doing thing in private? Poor next door who has to keep her activity as quiet as she can.
I sometimes behave nastily, I make flushing noise as loud as possible when someone in the next room is talking on the phone. I want to send message to one she is talking to that "Hey mate! your friend is not available. She is peeing"
3rd Evidence: Mobile Phone
"Hello. Is that Khun Voice? Yes? good. My name is blahh blahh blahh, working for blahh blahh blahh bank. We would like to offer special interest rate to you if you would like to get cash advanced from our bank since we define you as our best customer. Do you want cash recently? Any plan to spend money?...... No need? That's is pity because interest is only 0.08%. .....still no? Why not just take this cash and consider later how you will use it since the rate is very low"
She kept convincing me that my decision to say no make me lose big opportunity. I had to end conversation by saying "I don't want cash, I have lot so why do I want to pay 0.08% for thing I don't want? Contact me again when I can get cash for free"
Sometimes this annoyance comes via sms, such as "Do you want to know how you life will be today? Call xxxxxx to listen to our fortune teller".
Come on! leave me alone. Bring back my privacy!
Nite nite,
me
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment