Sunday, February 14, 2010

Notting Hill

Hi there,

Please do not laugh at me if I tell you that one of my favorite movie is "Notting Hill". I even tried to find that book shop when I was in London.

After I woke up this morning, I turned on HBO and Notting Hill was on. As normal, I sat down and watched it. I cannot tell how many time I have watched it, but today it is the first time I watched it as a just-broken-heart person. Believe it or not, how I see this movie is completely different.

When I watched this movie when I was in love, I only saw or felt how 2 people from different places and different society can meet and fall for each other.

When I watched it today, I saw what can be reasons for a couple to be apart or to decide to end or not to continue relationship. William refused when Anna asked whether she could see him again becasue he was afraid that he couldn't deal with heart broken anymore after he just spent 6 months to overcome from the first time. I felt like I didn't see this scene before.

The other scene I felt like I have never seen as well was when Anna said "I will regret about this all my life" when she faced problem from paparazzi finding her in William's apartment in the morning just after she had wonderful time with William the night before. I felt "Ouch!! That's hurt for William. Definitely he will feel she thought she shouldn't sleep with him. She feels regret to be with him". This reminds me of my ex told me sometimes ago "This is the mistake", yes he meant our relationship.

Another scene, after great sexy night, Anna asked William "Can I stay longer?" and William's reply was "Stay forever". I can swear I have never seen this scene before. Oh my god! Was I watching the same movie? It, again remind me of our conversation:-

"Can I come over?", I asked
"Of course you can. You don't have to ask", he replied.

Even a joke Anna told William "You have big feet. Do you know what people say about guy with big feet? Big feet, large......large...shoe", it is exactly the joke my ex told me and become my favorite joke. And, trust me, this is the first time I heard it in this movie.

I am not ashame to tell you that I cry everytime I watch this movie, including today. The difference are just before I cried with happy tear for the happy ending, but today I cried because my story didn't end happily like in the movie.

Not wonder why different people can see different thing from the same situation/scen. Even same person with different emotion can't see same thing as before.

I hope I can watch Nothing Hill and then cry with happy tear again.

Nite nite.
me

No comments:

Post a Comment