Hi there,
I haven't posted for couple days. I have busy days this week. Not about hard work though, but spending most of my time in the meeting, giving some frank-but-hardly-to-be-accepted-by-Thai comments. I spent Monday and Tuesday evening running in the park. Oh my god! it was very tiring especially on Tuesday that my friend forced me to run 2 laps of Lupinee park which is equivalent to 5 km. I felt so exhausted and my legs barely moved afterward. However, I have to accept that it is kind of achievment for me who started from a person who never run in November and now in February can run 5 km. non-stop.
Anyway, yesterday I had to go to see my physical therapist to get muscle stretching and today I had no energy left so gotta work from home. My right side of brain thinks "No pain, no gain" while the left side asks "What do you gain, apart from weak body today?" Nahhh...I am sure I will gain something sometimes somehow.
Talking about setting your goal and achievment, I have just realised that, compare with my friend, I can say that I don't really have a goal for my personal life. I just live day by day without short term or long term goal. My life seems boring to someone.
My friend is kind of activities man or I-have-to-do-something-all-the-time type of person. He does many things, working, studying, running, being daddy to his children, being pain in the ass at work, being kicking feet to me, etc. He told me I had to think big when setting a goal. Rather than setting 5 km as my longest running distance this year, he suggest that I should plan for half marathon end of this year.
Oh dear!! Don' push me that hard. I don't think I will go ahead with that goal, at least this year. Moreover, I want to run for fun and good health (with good shape as a bonus).
About thinking big always, I am not sure whether I agree with him. Sometimes I think it is better to set small goal which you can achieve easily (but not too easy) so you feel happy that you achieve something (although it's small one or meaningless to someone). If goal is too difficult, it can make you give up and fail. I am not so sure which one is better really. Depend on individual character, perhaps.
As I always say each person has his/her own strength and weakness or something we like and something we hate. I know it's good to go as far as possible, but to see what? I don't have to wait until I can reach the finish line at marathon event to feel happy with myself. In fact, i am proud of myself everytime I can run longer than the day before. Happiness is not always at the end of tunnel. Focusing too much on at the destination, you may lose opportunity to see beautiful flowers along your path.
Anyway, it's good to have a goal, big or small up to you as long as you won't let in ruin your life.
Good night everyone.
me
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment