Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Life is shuffled

Hi there,

Sleepy morning again. Why? I am telling you now.

Yesterday, I bought a lovely tiny iPod Shuffle and so excited to go back home ASAP to play with it. I started from reading the manual (as normal) with heart beating fast by excitement. When I finished reading, I plugged my iPod to my computer to charge battery and process other steps. Nothing happened! No way! This can't be happened to me! I tried again and again, changing USB port, closing iTune and re-opening it again, and all checking recommended by trouble shooting chapter. I gave up and decided to go to bed when it was midnight. I have to go back to the shop again today. Sigh!

While I was driving to work this morning and thinking about iPod problem last night, I realise that this is like our life that seem shuffled sometimes. As the Buddha said "Uncertainty is certainty. Certainty is uncertainty". You don't know what will really happen to you next hour, tomorrow, next month, next year or next 5 years. I bought my DSLR camera just for 5 months before I faced a problem with internal battery box while I was travelling. I would expect my new camera to work well for 5 years witout any problems. Or if I can force myself to accept that problem can happen anytime, I, sincerely wouldn't expect it to happen when I am on the trip. Travelling without camera is like waking up in morning without a cup of coffee (and your man beside you). Same for my iPod, I surely expected it to work functionally when I first used it. But, like I said, sometimes life is shuffled.

However, with iPod, you can select the mode to "Shuffle on", "Shuffle off" and "Turn Off". Can we do the same with our life?

First of all, we should not turn our life off completely (but I have to admit that I have thought of turning it off couple times). We can try to change our life mode to "Shuffle Off", but I don't think we can control it 100% or as easy as when we operate an iPod. You can try your best, but your best may not be good enough to other who involves.

What should we do with our shuffled life then? I don't know the right answer for everyone. I can't even find one for myself. I just think that if, with iPod, I can enjoy any song will be played next, why can't I feel the same with my life? All songs I put in playlist must be songs I like so order of playing should not be a matter because I will love them all. Same for life, isn't it? If what I have done is what I have choosed to do, can't I enjoy all consequences will be happened after? Yes, but not easy, I have to admit. Shuffled songs are beautiful so they are selected, but shuffled life can turn to be rotten as much as delightful. The only way I can be happy with shuffled life is I have to do "outcome analysis" of all choices I will make so that I can, at least, foresee what can happen. If the bad outcome happen, I will be prepare to deal with it or to accept it. It seems to be the only way I can manage my shuffled life, unfortunately.

I hope this iPod problem will not spoil my day. if compare with other problem happened to me, this is nothing.

Enjoy your shuffled life!

me

No comments:

Post a Comment